Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cooking 101

When baking, turn the oven ON.

We've had a lovely garden this summer. We planted zucchini, tomatoes, jalapenos, (Our fresh salsa is da bomb!), basil, dill, mint and, for the first time, red peppers. For a week or so now, because I didn't know what to do with them, I have kept two ginormous red peppers on the plant even though they needed to be harvested.

I decided to stuff them and finally got the gumption to do it last night so we picked those huge, gorgeous red peppers. We spent about 1 1/2 hours preparing the stuffing, making a garden salad and cleaning as we went. Finally, the time had come to put the peppers in the oven. I set the timer for 35 minutes, put the dish in the oven and sat down a minute to relax. We passed the 35 minutes talking and playing cards. (I kicked serious butt in rummy. Actually I felt kind of bad for Boyfriend. He almost cried the lashing was so severe.)

At last! The oven beeped signaling that dinner was done. (At this point I will tell you that I was starving, and had been for quite some time.) I opened the oven and noticed a distinct absence of heat emanating from it. It turns out the timer is only a timer and does not cook food.

Me: I am sofa king we todd it.

BF: I know the feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home