Wednesday, February 28, 2007

TGIEF

That means Thank God it's the End of February. Because DD and I hate February with a vengence. No, really. We do. So, if you're reading this, Happy March To You. Erin Go Braugh, and all that Irish shit. (Which reminds me of another Irish story. Do they ever end?)

Anyhoo,

I thought of DD today and I toasted her with my Vitamin V. Just like every other day my heart aches for my dead best friend. I’m sure she would be proud that I was weeping into a glass of good vodka.

I think of her every day. But today, I thought of her because we would have had a fine celebration had she been alive. We would be celebrating the last day of February.

DD hated February. It was the worst month of the year.

She had more reasons to hate February than I’d want to know, and she turned me just the same. At least you were in the Midwest, she’d say; try it in Baltimore year after year, after the Yankees had beaten the Orioles, again.

It’s still February, no matter where you are.

DD, February has gotten much better since global warming. If you can PPV movies in Heaven, I highly recommend An Inconvenient Truth. It won the Oscar, which I know you love--the Oscars and everything, being a Californian and all; even if we are NORTHERN Californians (and, yes, we are better). And, I also know that you know that Al Gore won the Presidency in, what exactly was the year we got fucked? I know you know it. Are you still watching?

I still love and miss you no matter what.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home