Thursday, December 21, 2006

Change of Heart

Well, I got the new job offer, and I turned it down. After much analyzing and number crunching and thought, it just wasn't worth making the change. I'm not sure if the accrual of one vacation day per year after the first year, or the manager's statement of "She's my whore," a while back about one of her loyal, work-my-ass-off-for-you-for-10-years-and-make-you-look-good subordinates, was the deal breaker. Whatever. I guess I'll just slave away at my present place of employment for a while longer.

And, Christmas! The love, the joy, the family dysfunction! I can't wait.

I wonder if we'll play "Pin the Blood on the Lamb" this year at Boyfriend's sister's house. I sure do hope so. It was so much fun last year.

Or maybe we can have another "Merry Fuckin' Christmas" at my mom's like we did a couple of years ago. That would be fun too.

Wine please.

No--more wine than that.

Just give me the bottle.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynicism is the spice of life! Helps keep us sane and brings us to grips with our imperfect existence. Hope you have a good one this Christmas!

5:29 AM  
Blogger nottotaled said...

Thanks, nikeroo. Christmas was much better this time around.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home