Monday, December 04, 2006

Quiet

I like it quiet. I don't like background noise. I really don't like any noise. If I'm listening to music, I'm listening to music. But, most of the time, I like it quiet.

Unless I have the last song I heard on infinity reply in my head. Like Adam Sandler's Hanukkah song. I really like that song. I sing along to it and laugh at it like it's the first time I've heard it--every time.

But tonight, it was on replay in my head while I was making dinner and I had to put on another song. To kill the Hanukkah song in my brain. (It wouldn't go away quietly. I truly had to KILL it.)

So, I chose Beth Hart. Mostly because it was in the CD player, but also because it is one of the best CDs I have ever heard. (Hence, it's physical location.)

It's Beth Hart, Screamin' for my Supper, 1999. KILLER CD.

Won't sleep till I've had enough
Won't sip my wine from no paper cup
Won't sleep till I've had enough

Delicious Surprise, 1998

* * *

All I want is a brand new truck
With one-eyed jacks and beginner's luck
The doctor's script for the perfect drug
Get it all while I can

But I got no money and I got no man
I drive around in a beat up van
Ride on coffee and percodan
Get it all while I can

Is That Too Much To Ask, 1998


I am a musical moron. I have no idea what the fuck is going on in music. It often makes me feel inferior. Again. Like I don't have enough things to feel inferior about. But. Whatever.

I've been to more concerts than most people I know so when I feel like a complete retard, I play the "Did you ever see the WHO?" card, or the "How many times have you seen the Dead?" card, or, "Can you tell how old I am by all these shitty musical cards I'm playing?" card, or the "Have you seen U2?" card. (BTW--Best fucking concert I've ever seen. I think it was March, it was definitely 2001 in San Jose, California, the last "event" DD and I ever went to together, and I nearly peed my pants. And that's not because my allergies were acting up. WOW and O.M.G. I went into that concert liking U2, and I walked out a fan, and it was the first time that had ever happened to me. And, like I've said, I've been to more concerts than you. And, I don't fuck anyone (except myself) and I would have fucked any one of those U2 dudes given a chance, and I only knew one of their names. GREAT SHOW!!!!)

I don't listen to music often. Maybe it's because my stereo sucks. Maybe it's just because I just like it fucking quiet.

But, if I'm going to listen to a CD, it's definitely Beth's Hart's 1999 masterpiece, or Annie Lennox's Medusa or Tracy Walker's Naked. (Look that one up.) Or, a classical music radio station.

I'm missing something. Lots of things, I'm sure.

But my mind usually keeps me too busy to realize it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home