Saturday, June 07, 2008

Apparently, I Don't Know My Neutral Colors

The tenant living in the apartment I lived in for three years in the first house I have ever owned, after jerking me around for months about her moving date, or not moving at all, or maybe moving but not sure and don't know when if so, is moving out. Thank God. When she moved in she asked if she could paint. I told her she could paint neutral colors.

Is the wall with the fireplace painted a neutral color? Apparently so.

You can't really tell from the picture, but the paint color has a purple hue. That neutral color on the fireplace wall is the same color that covers the entire bathroom, making it look like a very small cave.

What follows is a summary of our e-mail exchange a few days ago:

Me: Hi Tenant. I hope the move is going smoothly. I would still like to have the bathroom paint returned to a neutral color. I can live with the other walls, so don't bother with them.

Tenant: i'm sorry your tenant didn't work out. however, i am going to stick with our agreement, and will not be painting the bathroom. the last time we spoke, you said on the phone and in email that the paint was fine.

Me: I said the paint was fine for the new tenant and not to worry about it since I had asked you to be out by June 2. Since that is not the case now and you disregarded my permission to paint neutral colors, I still want the bathroom returned to a neutral color.

Tenant: the bathroom is a neutral color (neutral colors are black, white, shades of gray, and brown).

Me: The bathroom looks purple to me.

Tenant: it isn't. it is the same shade of grey that is throughout the rest of the apartment.

Me--so very, very close to sending this but did not: I don't give a fuck what color it is I don't like it and want it repainted.

If she doesn't repaint it herself, she's paying whoever does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home